Chocolate Covered Strawberries
1 pint of strawberries (about 12 large ones)
4 ounces semisweet chocolate (look for good quality brands like Guittard or Scharffen Berger)
1. Rinse and drain strawberries. Pat dry with paper towels; making sure to dry them very well.
2. Line a sheet pan or large plate with parchment paper.
3. Chop the chocolate with a serrated knife. The smaller you chop up the chocolate the easier it will be to melt it.
4. Put the chocolate into a small glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove, stir and continue to do this (heat for 15-20 seconds and stir) until the chocolate is just melted. Stir until it's completely smooth and slightly cooled.
5. Dip each strawberry two thirds of the way into the melted chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off the strawberry as you lift it. Set the strawberries on the parchment paper and let the chocolate harden (about 20 minutes).
Dress them up!
1. Melt 2-4 ounces of white chocolate with the method above and drizzle it onto the chocolate-dipped strawberries.
2. Dip the strawberries in the chocolate and then cover them with chopped almonds, crushed pretzels, or sprinkles before setting them on the parchment paper.
3. Switch things up: dip the strawberries into the white chocolate and drizzle them with dark chocolate instead.