|Hong Kong 2007|
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Isn't this amazing? I love all the different shades of pink, peach, and cream...so lovely! I wish I could have this as a photo background for my wedding :) This was taken last year at Macy's annual flower show in NYC. We stumbled upon this show a few years ago while visiting my sister. It sort of became a small tradition for us after that. My mom, my sister and I would go and enjoy the beautiful flower displays while shopping. The fragrance from thousands of flowers is quite intoxicating. This year's show started yesterday and will run until April 10th in 6 major cities. Time for me to plan our weekend trip to New York!
Friday, March 25, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Did anyone see the super full moon this past weekend? It was the biggest full moon in 18 years. I love looking at the moon and stargazing so I was really excited about this. Luckily the sky was clear. The moon was absolutely beautiful. According to NASA, it was 14% bigger and 30% brighter than normal. My picture doesn't do it justice at all. If you missed it, the next one doesn't happen for another 18 years or so. In the meantime, google it and look at the amazing pictures :)
Monday, March 21, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
|We saw this beautiful unexpected view of the Sacre-Coeur Basilica while strolling around Paris last year.|
My friends are leaving for Paris tonight so I want to wish them a wonderful and safe trip. Can't wait to hear all about it! :)
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
|One of the photos you will find at my stand :) It always brings a smile to my face. Btw, you can buy this cute vase from "pretty random objects" on etsy. I love her potteries and is a proud owner of quite a few pieces!|
Monday, March 14, 2011
|In Japan, it is believed that one who folds a thousand paper cranes will be granted a wish. These strings of paper cranes were outside of a temple in Kyoto. All of my wishes are for the people of Japan right now.|
List from CBS News:
- The American Red Cross is collecting donations for its disaster relief efforts to help people in Japan and throughout the Pacific.
- Apple has posted a donation page on iTunes where you can use your iTunes account to make a secure donation to the American Red Cross and its Japanese relief fund.
- Save the Children is collecting donations and has dispatched an international emergency team to assist staff in Japan.
- International Medical Corps' Emergency Response Fund is collecting donations and is preparing to send relief teams and supplies to the country.
- The Salvation Army is collecting donations while its counterpart in Japan responds to victims' needs.
- Donations to GlobalGiving's Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund will be distributed to a variety of relief and emergency services agencies.
From Your Phone
The American Red Cross is also collecting donations via text message. Donors can text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to give $10 for relief efforts.
The Salvation Army is collecting $10 donations for each text with the words "Quake" or "Japan" sent to 80888. Donations can also be made by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY.
Friday, March 11, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
I love many Japanese things and wagashi (Japanese-style sweets) is one of them. These were seasonal ones from Minamoto Kitchoan in NYC. They were filled with sweet bean paste and covered with a layer of soft rice cake. I love how they are so pretty and delicate and perfect with a cup of green tea. They make my tea-drinking time feel extra special.
Monday, March 7, 2011
|Beautiful lily from my mom's garden.|
Friday, March 4, 2011
|Sterling silver hoop earrings with hand-wired fuschia swarovski crystals.|
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
I am craving a slice of chocolate cake so badly today. It's just one of those days. Looking at this picture is not helping much either! I baked this cake for James' birthday a few years back. It's such a moist chocolate cake with a heavenly chocolate swiss meringue buttercream. It's so good. I need a slice asap!