Friday, July 8, 2011

Dessert Table

From left to right: Italian rainbow cookies, coconut cupcakes w/ raspberry buttercream, traditional sponge cake w/ pandan frosting, 2-tier marble cake w/ chocolate and vanilla buttercream, raspberry macarons, traditional sponge cake w/ pandan frosting, jasmine macarons, Italian rainbow cookies
I'm so excited to share these photos with you. My parents hosted our engagement party this past Saturday and it was so much fun! We had such a great time with our family and friends but this post is all about the sweets! My mom left the desserts up to me and this was what I came up with. What do you think? I've been wanting to do a dessert table for the longest time. I'm so happy with how it turned out.

 Left: Me and James having a good time; Right: The top of my rustic-looking marble cake

I love the pink color of the frosting and it was all natural! I made it by mixing fresh raspberry puree to a Swiss meringue buttercream (recipe will be posted next week). The cupcake flags made them look even cuter!



Here's the drawing I did with Powerpoint a few months back when I was planning out the dessert table. There were little changes with the cookies (macarons instead of raspberry thumbprint cookies and donut holes) but the rest stayed as planned. I added the pinwheels to give it a light and cheery feeling that I was going for. It's so fun to see it comes to life :)

Close-up of my cake topper. I was scribbling my name with James' one day and came up with this. I love the hearts in the middle and how continuous it is. 


I fell in love with Pierre Herme's Jasmine macarons when I was in Paris last year. The flavor is just so delicate. I've been trying to re-create them at home and I think I'm getting close hehe
I hope you enjoyed this post. I can't wait for the chance to set up another dessert table. I love all the crafts and diy projects involved. I guess I should start thinking about the wedding :) Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Everything was perfect and gorgeous miss!! I am so happy to see it all:))). How clever are you with power points and most of all the continuous names of james and you joined by a heart:). Nicee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i luv that day. it passed by too quick :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on both getting engaged and having such a cute dessert table!! The little touches like the bunting is so lovely! And you looked v pretty :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete