Wednesday, June 5, 2013

First Anniversary

I can't believe this past Sunday was our one year wedding anniversary. The year flew by! One of the things we did to celebrate was eating the top tier of our wedding cake that has been in the freezer this whole time. I love fun wedding traditions so this was a must! (You can read more about this tradition here.)


Eating a one year old cake sounds scary but James and I couldn't believe how good our cake still tasted! The cake was moist and the flavors were still there. One bite and it brought us right back to our wedding day.


We had a wonderful time reminiscing our special day. I have more photos to share of our simple celebration so please excuse all the lovey dovey posts this week :)


Did you save your wedding cake? How did it taste?

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! My mom saved the top of our cupcake tower for us. We didn't make it back until after our second anniversary but it was still edible. Not great but still good :-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Wow 2 years and it was still good? That has to be a record hehe. And I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you had a cupcake tower :D

      Delete