Friday, August 31, 2012

Wedding Sweets

I'm so excited about this post! I really love our wedding dessert table and couldn't wait to share it with you :) As you know, I love sweets and a dessert table was a must for our wedding. We got our wedding cake from Cakes to Remember. Ellen's cakes look and taste amazing. James and I fell in love with the Strawberry Orange Blossom Cake at the tasting. It is an "orange Grand Marnier cake filled with a summery fresh strawberry buttercream and frosted with an orange blossom buttercream". It was exactly what I was looking for; fresh and light and perfect for a summer wedding. I gave Ellen my sketch of the cake and she did a wonderful job with it. I couldn't have been happier! (Thank you so much Ellen!) As for the rest, I made the raspberry and jasmine macarons, mini red velvet cupcakes, and pink meringue kisses. Costco has really good madeleines so I bought those from there to save me some time. Our guests loved the sweet treats. They were gone in a flash! I'm really happy that everyone enjoyed it.

(left) My raspberry & jasmine macarons. I brushed each macaron with a layer of pearl dust to give them a pretty shimmer :)
(right) Ellen's beautiful handmade sugar orchid. Many of our guests thought it was real!

I love these forks. They're perfect for a dessert-loving couple like us :) They've gotten pretty popular. I bought mine from etsy and they're also available at BHLDN. I can't wait to use them for all our special celebrations!


This was the sketch that I gave to Ellen. I wanted a simple and elegant cake. I drew my favorite Asian motifs on each layer and accented the cake with a single cymbidium orchid. I really love how it came out. I can't thank Ellen enough for the amazing job she did for our cake.

(left) Our wedding date on the "Mr. & Mrs." forks; (right) My mini red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting

4 comments:

  1. Amazing cake and all sweets! Congrats with a wedding!!!! All the best to you and your loved one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg..i can't believe i didn't see this post before!!! The wedding cake, macarons, and red velet cupcakes - they all look sooo pretty and yummy!!! So wanna try jasmine and raspberry macarons!!!!It's really meaningful that you're able to add your own touches with your own made desserts on your special day. It just makes the whole wedding experience that much more special and memorable!:D

    I loveee all the Asian motifs that you designed on each layer of the cake as well. Such a simple yet elegant cake! Was flavor was it????

    The Mr. and Mrs. utensils are absolutely a must for any wedding! I've seen this trend going on lately as well. I defo will do it too if i ever get married,lol

    Cinz
    http://cinzee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cinz! The cake was an orange Grand Marnier cake filled with fresh strawberry buttercream and frosted with an orange blossom buttercream. It was so good!

      Delete