|In Japan, it is believed that one who folds a thousand paper cranes will be granted a wish. These strings of paper cranes were outside of a temple in Kyoto. All of my wishes are for the people of Japan right now.|
List from CBS News:
- The American Red Cross is collecting donations for its disaster relief efforts to help people in Japan and throughout the Pacific.
- Apple has posted a donation page on iTunes where you can use your iTunes account to make a secure donation to the American Red Cross and its Japanese relief fund.
- Save the Children is collecting donations and has dispatched an international emergency team to assist staff in Japan.
- International Medical Corps' Emergency Response Fund is collecting donations and is preparing to send relief teams and supplies to the country.
- The Salvation Army is collecting donations while its counterpart in Japan responds to victims' needs.
- Donations to GlobalGiving's Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund will be distributed to a variety of relief and emergency services agencies.
From Your Phone
The American Red Cross is also collecting donations via text message. Donors can text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to give $10 for relief efforts.
The Salvation Army is collecting $10 donations for each text with the words "Quake" or "Japan" sent to 80888. Donations can also be made by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY.