Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Museum

We visited the American Visionary Art Museum while we were in Baltimore last week. It is such a fun museum! Look at this amazing mosaic art outside of the building.

There were so many cool things to see outside of the museum. This cute little garden was one of them.

Special message next to the garden. It's so sweet and true!

How cool is this? I love the look of the bird's nest.


 James and I were having so much fun and we weren't even inside the museum yet! 

At the entrance we were greeted with a mat made out of toothbrushes. I didn't even noticed it at first. I love how colorful it is.

Close-up of the mat
Their current exhibition is "What makes us smile?". Everything in there was so funny and quirky. I was laughing and smiling the whole time. Too bad they didn't allow pictures inside of the museum but maybe that's a good thing because I would want to take pictures of everything! There were so many funny quotes all over the walls of this exhibit. Here are a few that I remember:

"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight." - Phyllis Diller

"Be true to your teeth and they won't be false to you." - Soupy Sales

"Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time." - George Carlin

"Don't be so humble, you're not that great." - Golda Meir

Awesome quote by Mae West

Perfect stamp for the exhibition :)





I love smaller museums like this one. You don't feel overwhelmed by all the arts and you actually get to see everything in the museum. It's also a plus when it's such a fun exhibit :)

5 comments:

  1. I <3 this post, it has made me happy too!! Toothbrush mat is wonderful idea, I want to go! Happy happy happy :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin! I don't know what happened to your comment :( I think blogger was having some technical issues since Wednesday. Anyways, I'm so glad you enjoyed the post. It was such a fun museum! :)

    ReplyDelete