Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Paint Bar

We signed up to paint "Back Bay in Spring". Here is my finished painting. I really love it and can't wait to find a spot for it at home :)
My girlfriends and I had a date at The Paint Bar back in May. I was so excited when Judy suggested that we sign up for a class. I've seen it on Chronicle before and thought that it was such a cool place. I've always wanted to learn how to paint (mainly because of watching Bob Ross as a child hehe) and this was the perfect opportunity.

Judy eagerly waiting to start her masterpiece.

We all have never painted before (well, maybe in elementary school lol) so we didn't know what to expect. The instructor was great. Everything was shown step by step. It felt great to get into that creative zone. It was also challenging for me at times because I tend to be a perfectionist. I wasn't ready to move onto the next step and had to play catch-up here and there but it was okay :)

My little artist palette




We had such a fun time laughing and painting together and we each got to go home with our own little masterpiece. I really love that each of our paintings reflect our own style even though we painted the same scene. This definitely started a painting bug in me. I can't wait to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment