Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Seoul Lantern Festival

James and I were lucky to be in Seoul during their annual Lantern Festival at the Cheonggyecheon Stream. The lanterns were amazing. They were all hand-crafted by local and international artisans.

This part of the stream was dedicated to the children of the world. Since I'm Vietnamese and Chinese, I love that the two girls were placed next to each other :)

The United States was represented by a Native American boy. I love the view of the Japanese girl's obi too.





I love how the lanterns illuminate the stream. Here you can also see how the stream is nestled in the middle of the busy city. It's a beautifully designed urban oasis.


There were thousands and thousands of lanterns. We didn't get to see them all but it was really nice to be out there and celebrate this festival with all the locals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment