Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Homemade Kit Kats
wafer cookies (any flavor you like)
white, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate (look for good quality brands like Guittard, Valrhona, or Scharffen Berger)
1. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place a cooling rack on top.
2. Place the wafer cookies about an inch apart on the cooling rack.
3. Chop the chocolate with a serrated knife. The smaller you chop up the chocolate, the easier it will be to melt it.
4. Put the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Remove, stir, and continue to do this (heat for 15-20 seconds, remove, and stir) until the chocolate is just melted. Stir until it's completely smooth.*
5. Pour the melted chocolate over the wafer cookies; making sure to cover them completely.
6. Decorate with sprinkles if you like.
7. Let the chocolate set/harden (about 30 minutes) and enjoy!
*Here after the chocolate has fully melted, I also stirred in a small packet of strawberry-flavored crystals called "Strawberry Crunch" that I bought in Japan to boost the strawberry flavor.