Friday, February 22, 2013

Magnolia's Famous Banana Pudding

February has been such a sweet month! I've made so many treats including these cute cups of banana pudding. I made these along with the Orange Grand Marnier macarons for Lunar New Year. I had the idea to make them after visiting my sister in NYC. I was craving Magnolia's Banana Pudding and it was sold out when we stopped by. We finally got it the next day and the pudding is just as good as I remembered; sweet and comforting :) No wonder it's their second best selling item. I have the Magnolia book at home and thought that it would be the perfect dessert for New Year. (You can also find the recipe here.) I was able to make 15 of these individual cups so it's really great for a large party.

Btw, here's a cute instagram that my sister made of my little visit :)

Clockwise from top left: Sis and me with silly headbands on in the Sanrio store; Pretty roses at Wholefoods; The famous banana pudding and white chocolate macademia cheesecake (in the back); Yummy burgers and fries at Shake Shack
I went to NYC with my mom to attend my sister's benefit concert. Her group, SHe, did an amazing job and we're so proud of her. Please check out their music on www.shepopmusic.com and become a fan on facebook! I am so in love with their new single "I wanna be with you". Listen to it! These ladies rock!

2 comments:

  1. omg Magnolia Bakery! I tried it when i went to New York and it was yummers! I had this caramel pecan cheesecake!!! Miss it soo much, beeen 4 years since i last visited...these pics make me miss NYC, hehe...

    These banana puddings look really cute! How big are in they in size tho??? Hard to tell from the pic as there's nothing to compare them to, lol...these would defo be good for a house party!!!

    The pic of you and your sis is soo cute!!! Your sister's a singer?? Really impressive if so!:D

    Hope you're off to a fab Monday!

    p.s. Now you made me wanna try the orange blossom macaron flavor since you mentioned it a few time, hehe

    Cinz
    http://cinzee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pudding cup is about 2.5" wide and 3" tall...about the size of a small drinking cup. It's perfect for an individual serving.

      My sister is a singer, model, actress, makeup artist...there's not much that she can't do. She's super talented! I have links to her music in the post if you like to check it out :)

      You must let me know next time you're in NYC and yes, you must try the orange blossom one. I haven't been able to replicate it at home so I always crave for it hehe

      Delete